If you're looking for a stylish everyday piece of jewelry, then a tennis necklace might be the one for you. Its timeless and classic appearance is undeniable chic and is guaranteed to upgrade your everyday outfits into something even more special. That's also why today, we're going to talk about all things related to diamond tennis necklaces - what it is, how to style it, and so much more.
What Tennis Necklace is Good for Everyday Wear?
Choosing the perfect tennis necklace for everyday wear is a bit like finding your soulmate; it needs to be a perfect match for your style and lifestyle. The average carat weight of the diamond tennis necklace for everyday wear is 3 to 9 carats, but it can vary depending on your everyday style. The most common everyday Diamond tennis Necklace is about 7 carats total. It is also recommended to to choose a 14K gold material as opposed to 18K, as 14K gold is sturdier and will do a better job at keeping your diamonds in place.
The Perfect Setting for Your Tennis Necklace
A classic 4 prong tennis necklace in 14K White Gold is timeless and great for daily wear. If you want something extra special and trendy try 14k yellow gold. Starting with a 3 Carat depending on your budget and going up to 13 carats, will all depend on how it looks on your chest. Here are the most popular tennis necklace settings, and how to wear them:
- 4 Prong Round Diamond Tennis Necklace - pair it with a shirt for a simple and elegant look, and most importantly a everyday look.
- Crown Prong Illusion Setting Diamond Tennis Necklace - wear a deep V-neck and you can layer it with a chain.
- 3 Prong Riviera Graduated Diamond Tennis Necklace - This is showstopper, so you may pair it with your best evening gown and rock it for all your elegant events.
Lastly, consider the length. A 16 to 18-inch necklace is a versatile choice, as it sits comfortably on most necklines without being too short or too long. You can always contact your jeweler if you prefer your necklace to be longer or shorter.
How to Wear a Tennis Necklace for Everyday Wear
Now that you have the perfect tennis necklace for everyday wear, let's talk about how to style it:
- Casual: For a casual daytime look, pair your tennis necklace with a crisp white shirt and jeans. This effortlessly combines sophistication with comfort.
- Layering: Layering necklaces is a trendy way to wear your tennis necklace. Combine it with other delicate chains or pendants for a unique, personalized look.
- Dress it Up: Don't hesitate to wear your tennis necklace with formal evening attire. It's the perfect accessory to make you appear more elegant without trying too hard.
Can I Wear a Diamond Tennis Necklace Every Day?
Absolutely! A diamond tennis necklace is one of the hottest jewelry trends that is well worth your investment because it is something that you can wear everyday. Its classy and chic style can go so well with any outfit, whether it's for your daily corporate job to special events. Diamonds are known for their toughness which is why diamond tennis necklaces are perfect for everyday wear. They're durable and can handle your daily adventures. Just remember to clean and store them properly to maintain their sparkle.
What Is A Good Carat Weight For An Everyday Diamond Tennis Necklace?
Ideally, the most common is 5 to 7 carats but it really depends on your budget and lifestyle. Necklaces in the 5 to 7 carat range are perfect for daily activities, whether you like going to the gym or running errands. If you have an office job where you do not need to do as much physical activity yet you want to add something special to your corporate outfits, go for a 9 carat diamond tennis necklace.
Stacking Tennis Necklaces?
Layering your Diamond Tennis necklace is a trendy look nowadays. It is absolutely okay to layer your tennis necklace with a simple chain or yet another diamond tennis necklace, such as a graduated tennis necklace. This adds more dimension to jewelry pieces and brings more attention to your neck area, especially when paired with a flattering neckline. The best way to do this is to alternate the carat so it won’t feel overwhelming. Try a 7 Carat 4 prong diamond tennis necklace and stack it with a 5.5ct or a 7ct graduated diamond tennis necklace .